Our Services Include:
- Dental checkups and preventive cleanings
- Evaluation of dental development
- Fluoride treatments
- Oral Health Education
- Cavity Treatment
- Gingivitis Prevention and Treatment
- Fillings, crowns and root canals
- Sedation dentistry
- Dental sealants
- Athletic mouth guards
- Special Needs Dentistry
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay Prevention
Schedule an Appointment!Give us a call or click below to schedule your child’s appointment! We look forward to getting to know you and your child! request an appointment
Pediatric Sedation Dentistry in Lancaster, OH
If your child is reluctant to visit a pediatric dentist, you might dread the day of a needed procedure. No parent wants to see their child distressed, even for the most vital reasons. That’s why we here at Lancaster Pediatric Dentistry offer dental sedation to keep your child comfortable and content.
How Pediatric Sedation Can Help
Dental sedation is a safe, effective way to help your child to relax or sleep through dental procedures. While not every child need sedation for every procedure, we offer it in the following circumstances:
- Dental repairs: Fillings and other restorations can be uncomfortable, so we will do whatever makes sense to put your child at ease, including administer sedation.
- Trouble cooperating: There are many reasons a child might not be able to hold still for a dental exam, from being too young to understand, to dental anxiety, to behavioral or developmental issues that may interfere with the process. In these cases, it is easier on children, parents, and the dentist to offer sedation.
Safety Is Our Priority
Dental sedation is safe and effective for the vast majority of children, but it may not be the best choice in the case of children with allergies, health issues, or certain medications. We put your child’s health and safety above all else, which is why we will ask for their medical history before administering sedation, and keep a close eye on them for any unexpected reactions.
Types of Pediatric Sedation
- Nitrous Oxide: Nitrous oxide, also called laughing gas, is a minimally invasive form of sedation. This odorless gas is administered through a nasal mask, and helps can make children relaxed, sleepy, or giggly, depending on the child.
- Oral Sedation: For children who are old enough to swallow pills, oral sedation is an option. Oral sedation will put your child to sleep for their procedure without the need for a mask or IV. The drawback is that the dosage cannot be adjusted during the procedure.
- Intravenous Sedation: For patients who need to be under full anesthesia, IV sedation is often the best choice. IV sedation can be adjusted throughout their procedure, allowing us to ensure their comfort and safety.
For more information about pediatric sedation, contact our office today. We also offer informative guides for patients who have children undergoing anesthesia, so that you know how to prepare.