Our Services Include:
- Dental checkups and preventive cleanings
- Evaluation of dental development
- Fluoride treatments
- Oral Health Education
- Cavity Treatment
- Gingivitis Prevention and Treatment
- Fillings, crowns and root canals
- Sedation dentistry
- Dental sealants
- Athletic mouth guards
- Special Needs Dentistry
- Baby Bottle Tooth Decay Prevention
Schedule an Appointment!Give us a call or click below to schedule your child’s appointment! We look forward to getting to know you and your child! request an appointment
Pediatric Dental Checkups & Cleanings in Lancaster, OH
At Lancaster Pediatric Dentistry, we want to help keep your child’s mouth healthy and prevent issues rather than fix problems after they occur. That’s why pediatric dentist Dr. Draney recommends bringing your child in for a routine dental checkup every 6 months starting at a year old or no later than 6 month after you notice the first teeth coming in.
We want your children to have a positive experience with the dentist and that’s much more likely to happen if we do everything we can to avoid any needles or drills. Here are some of the benefits of bringing your child for a regular dental cleaning and checkup:
- It keeps your child’s teeth white and squeaky clean. Over time, teeth gradually become more stained and lose their natural brilliance. Regular cleanings help to slow down this process so your child is able to have beautiful teeth for a long, long time.
- It can prevent your child needing long, painful treatments in the future. We want your child to have a healthy, radiant smile without any painful procedures. If we can see them every 6 months, we will be able to better fight tartar and plaque buildups, check for early signs of cavities, and any other potential problems with their teeth or gums. It will help prevent toothaches, swollen jaws, and all sorts of unpleasant situations. Let’s catch it early before it gets serious!
- We will help remind your child of those good dental hygiene habits that you’re teaching them at home. When children see us regularly, they are better able to recognize the importance of brushing, flossing, and taking care of their dental health. We will also help you know how best to teach your child excellent dental hygiene habits based on their individual needs.
- Regular visits help increase the likelihood that your children will maintain good dental habits on their own. As you bring your child in for routine checkups and cleanings, they will begin to develop personal motivation to take care of their teeth and gums. These good habits will become a foundation for life-long oral health. While it probably seems like a ridiculously long time in the future, they’ll be far less likely to need false teeth, implants, or dentures.
We are here to help your child have that bright, healthy smile you want for them! We would love to schedule a regular dental checkup and cleaning for your child. Those of us here at Lancaster Pediatric Dentistry will help provide reminders to come in for checkups every six months, that way you don’t have to try and remember with all of the things you have to do as a parent! Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you have.